Learn French for traveling
Welcome to the Élodie Margaux Language School.
Discover Paris and the regions of France.
A cultural-tourism approach for learning French online.
Are you planning to visit France or other regions of la Francophonie?
Here at Travel French, you will learn 200 key phrases and 1,000 of the most common words in French. Try our 60 free online lessons.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the French language
- Lesson 2: Greetings and farewells
- Lesson 3: Introducing yourself and other people
- Lesson 4: Stating where you are from. Country names, nationalities and language abilities
- Lesson 5: Stating your age and giving your telephone number
- Lesson 6: Telling time
- Lesson 7: Stating the date and making appointments
- Lesson 8: Stating your address. Locations and directions.
- Lesson 9: Talking about the weather and your favorite seasons
Talking about yourself, your family and friends
- Lesson 10: Talking about your family, relatives and friends
- Lesson 11: Talking about your feelings and emotions
- Lesson 12: Talking about appearances, clothing and accessories.
- Lesson 13: Talking about your home. Rooms, furniture, appliances. Size, shapes and colors.
- Lesson 14: Talking about your studies. Levels and subject areas.
- Lesson 15: Talking about your profession and place of work
- Lesson 16: Talking about your leisure time interests and hobbies
- Lesson 17: Talking about your routines
Types of Tourism
- Lesson 18: Talking about your favorite landscapes
- Lesson 19: Talking about different types of tourism
- Lesson 20: Guides to tourism, hotels and restaurants
Planning and taking a trip
- Lesson 21: At the travel agency
- Lesson 22: At the airport. Check-in and departures
- Lesson 23: On the flight
- Lesson 24: Arrivals, immigration and customs
Local Transportation Options
- Lesson 25: Using the local transportation system
At the hotel
- Lesson 26: Types of hotel accommodation and rooms
- Lesson 27: Types of hotel jobs
- Lesson 28: Checking in; Keys/cards.
- Lesson 29: Room service and housekeeping
- Lesson 30: Visiting the pool, fitness center, spa
- Lesson 31: Visiting the business center
- Lesson 32: Checking out and paying hotel bills
At the restaurant, coffee shop, bar and pub
- Lesson 33: Talking about jobs in eating and drinking establishments
- Lesson 34: Talking about different meals and types of cuisine
- Lesson 35: Menus and ordering. Paying the bill and tipping
- Lesson 36: Talking about coffee shops, tearooms and cafés
- Lesson 37: Talking about pubs, bars and clubs
Using the banking system
- Lesson 38: At the bank. Foreign Exchange. Types of accounts. Credit and debit cards.
Exploring your destination and going sightseeing
- Lesson 39: Taking a city tour. Tour guides
- Lesson 40: Taking a river, lake or canal cruise
- Lesson 41: Going shopping
- Lesson 41: Enjoying local festivals and celebrations
- Lesson 42: Visiting a farmers’ market
- Lesson 43: Visiting famous buildings and monuments. Talking about architecture
- Lesson 44: Learning about the local media ((print, television, film, radio, social media)
- Lesson 45: Visiting a museum and/or art gallery
- Lesson 46: Visiting a bookstore or library. Talking about literature
- Lesson 47: Attending a musical performance
- Lesson 48: Visiting parks and gardens
- Lesson 49: Visiting a zoo and aquarium
- Lesson 50: Visiting a planetarium
- Lesson 51: Attending a sports event
- Lesson 52: Visiting a brewery, distillery or vineyard
- Lesson 53: Visiting places of worship
- Lesson 54: At the post office.
- Lesson 55: Having a telephone conversation in French
- Lesson 56: Taking precautions against the corona virus (Covid-19)
- Lesson 57: At a medical clinic or hospital
- Lesson 58: At the dentist
- Lesson 59: At the pharmacy
Dealing with emergencies
- Lesson 60: Dealing with police, fire and ambulance emergencies
Links to other resources
- Take a visual tour of Paris
- Take a visual tour of the regions of France
- Take a visual tour of Quebec
- Take a virtual tour of Brussels and Wallonia
- Take a virtual tour of Suise Romande
- the French regions
- the Francophonie
- Visit Europe. Discover France
Continue your studies
Interested in learning more about the top attractions in the most popular tourist destinations for each region of France?
Then explore one of our inexpensive and unique eBooks that integrate language learning with tourism.