English for Health Care Professionals
Once you have completed the Basic and Elementary level courses, you will now have the opportunity to continue with lessons of particular interest to those working in the healthcare sector.
These lessons will strengthen your communication skills to talk more effectively about common tasks at your workplace.
There will be a total of 25 free online lessons at the Intermediate Level. These will help you prepare for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Clinical Skills Step 2 Exam.
These 25 occupational English lessons address:
- English for Medical Students and Interns
- English for Doctors
- English for Nurses
- English for Dentists
- English for Pharmacists
- English for Medical Technologists
- Medical Tourism
Topics to be covered will include:
- Taking precautions against the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Conducting a patient interview and physical examination;
- Strengthening your interpersonal communications skills with a patient focus;
- Preparing patient notes including:- patient history;
– patient physical;
– preparing a differential of diagnosis with supporting evidence from the history or physical;
– documenting which diagnosis tests to order.
- Talking about the role of the International Patients Office.