Once you have completed the Basic and Elementary level courses, you will now have the opportunity to continue with some occupational specific lessons of particular interest to those working in financial services.
These lessons will strengthen your communication skills to talk more effectively about common tasks at your workplace.
There are a total of 25 free online lessons at the Intermediate Level.
These 25 occupational English lessons cover: the Pearson GSE range of 43 to 58 (equivalent to the Intermediate B1 Level of the CEFR).
- Lesson 1: What financial services cover
- Lesson 2: Accounting companies
- Lesson 3: Types of banks
- Lesson 4: Central banks
- Lesson 5: Cloud financing
- Lesson 6: Commercial banks
- Lesson 7: Consumer finance companies
- Lesson 8: Credit Unions
- Lesson 9: Credit card companies
- Lesson 10: Economy
- Lesson 11: Financial statements
- Lesson 12: Foreign exchange services and currencies
- Lesson 13: Hedge funds
- Lesson 14: Imports-exports
- Lesson 15: Insurance companies
- Lesson 16: International financial institutions (IFIs)
- Lesson 17: Investment banking
- Lesson 18: Lending instruments
- Lesson 19: Monetary policy
- Lesson 20: Private banks
- Lesson 21: Special economic zones
- Lesson 22: Stock brokerages
- Lesson 23: Stock exchanges
- Lesson 24: Transfers and remittances
- Lesson 25: Venture capital